Where do you put things in kitchen cabinets and drawers? Follow this video guide and cheat sheet to organize your kitchen the right way.
I love organizing kitchens!
Your kitchen should be one of the most structured spaces your home because it serves such a specific purpose. It is also the center of household activities for most families, so it’s important that you organize your kitchen for success before it’s inundated with other household clutter.
In this week’s video, I’m mapping out every zone in your kitchen and explaining where to put things in kitchen cabinets for maximum organization and efficiency.
[video_player type=”youtube” style=”1″ dimensions=”560×315″ width=”560″ height=”315″ align=”center” margin_top=”0″ margin_bottom=”20″ ipad_color=”black”]aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS9JVWlaaXFvdzFEbw==[/video_player]
Cheat Sheet for Organizing your Kitchen Cabinets and Drawers
- Everyday Dishes and Utensils
- Where: near or to the right of the dishwasher
- What: plates, bowls, silverware, glasses, and mugs
- Where: near or to the right of the stove
- What: Pots, pans, and tools used during cooking, like stirring spoons and spatulas
- Where: near the oven
- What: baking sheets, muffin tins, pie plates, cooling racks
[images style=”0″ image=”http%3A%2F%2Fmyspacematters.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2FKitchen-zones-PIN1.png” width=”350″ align=”center” top_margin=”0″ full_width=”Y”]
- Prep Work
- Where: near the largest work surface within the work triangle
- What: Mixing bowls, measuring cups, whisks, and tools used to prepare meals
- Serving and Entertaining
- Where: close to the dining area
- What: serving platters, pitchers, cake stands, holiday-themed items, chip & dip trays
- Food storage
- Where: near the refrigerator but away from household cleaners
- What: Tupperware, ziplock bags, aluminum foils, plastic wrap
- Where: Typically under the sink and additional cabinets around the sink
- What: Towels, rags, sponges, cleaning solutions
[button_2 color=”blue” align=”center” href=”https://youtu.be/IUiZiqow1Do”]Watch the Video[/button_2]
If you have a small kitchen or not enough cabinets and drawers to fit all these categories, I recommend watching my video on the 1o Products that Maximize Space in your Kitchen.