As a professional organizer, it can be easy to focus on the work and forget about the business side of things. When I first started organizing for clients, I quickly discovered that I needed forms that would help me keep my clients, tasks, and business organized, too!
The documents I use most often in my home organizing business are:
- Client Intake Form & Questionnaire
- Client Agreement
- Action Plan (on paper or in Trello)
- Contractor Agreements
- Testimonial Request Form
Over the years, I’ve used a wide variety of professional organizer documents to help me keep track of my work and effectively run my business. Now, almost 20 years into my career, I’ve settled on five forms that are essential to any professional organizing business. You can get customizable copies of these forms HERE.
1. Organize jobs with Client Intake Forms
Client Intake Forms allow you to gather basic info about your clients, their goals, and the project’s logistics. They can also serve as checklists for each job, making sure you cover all of your questions and get the information you need. I also like to use this form to ask clients how they learned about my professional organizer services, helping me measure how well my marketing efforts are working.
2. Protect your business with Client Agreements
Client Agreement forms are basically contracts between you and your clients. With this form, you can easily cover the important technical details, such as fees, the types of payment you accept, what your services cover, and what clients will have to pay more for. You can also include important information to cover, such as a photo release agreement, to make sure everyone’s on the same page.
- Letter tray (2-pack) for keeping documents, folders, and more neatly organized
- Made of durable hard plastic for long-lasting reliable strength; available in black or white (each sold separately)
- Modular design; stackable with the Amazon Basics Plastic Organizer letter tray, accessory tray, and half accessory tray (additional items not included)
- For use inside a drawer or cabinet or on a desk or shelf
- Measures 13 by 9.7 by 2.2 inches; backed by an Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty
3. Use Action Plans to prepare
Action Plans serve as your professional organizer checklists. You can map out the targeted areas, determine what needs to be done in each space, jot down client goals, and make a list of the supplies you’ll need for the job. Though I originally used paper forms, I now create digital action plans in Trello. This is your plan, so find what works best for you.
4. Manage your team with Contractor/Employer Agreements
Like Client Agreements, this form operates as a contract between you and your helpers. As you add new team members, this will help you maintain consistent standards and operating procedures. I also recommend including anti-solicitation and confidentiality clauses to protect your organizing business from unethical employees.
- Quick access to fonts, frames, symbols and more
- Prints up to 2-lines on labels up to 12 millimeter wide
- 14 fonts, 97 frames, and more than 600 symbols
5. Improve your work with Testimonial Request Forms
The last professional organizer document I recommend is a Testimonial Request Form. This form gives your clients a way to offer feedback that you can use to improve your services and customer satisfaction. It also provides you with great quotes to use for marketing!
Starting your own professional organizer career? Get these forms HERE + lots of bonuses to get your business up and running.
How can you start your own home organizing business?
There are many things to consider when starting an organizing business like:
- What will I name my business?
- Where will I find clients?
- How do I become an organizer?
- Do I need to be certified?
- How will I structure my business?
You have come to the right place! Check out my other blogs on starting a decluttering business:
Get a copy of my free guide “Professional Organizer’s Launch Guide” HERE
When you are ready to start your own decluttering business, check out all my courses on working as a professional organizer in my course bundle for the best price on courses to create and market your organizing business and design a system of organization that will work with all your clients no matter how small or large their volume of clutter!